Saturday, March 21, 2009

Whoopie Pies!

The New York Times ran an article on whoopie pies (here) with a recipe here. So I was inspired to make a batch, following the NYT recipe.

They turned out great, but they are not for the faint of heart. Not difficult to make, but the butter cream did take awhile (it's no small feat incorporating two sticks of butter into some sugar and egg whites. Thank goodness for electric mixers.) They are very rich (it's those two sticks of butter), I could only eat 1/2 of a pie, and that was pushing it (the kids couldn't finish their halves, which is saying something). I won't be making these very often.



The NYT article mentioned pumpkin spice flavored whoopie pies. Now, that's a recipe I'd like to get my hands on....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look good!